As we have already discussed why it’s very essential to conduct surveys for Startups. If you haven’t not read it, please read it – How to Conduct Good Survey that help your Business. If you have better tools, it makes life easier. To conduct surveys there are many Best Market Survey Tools out there but you need to be very choosy to select one of them for your business. Let’s explore those top five survey tools with their features and offered prices;
1. SurveyGizmo: Most Trusted Survey Tool
SurveyGizmo is the most powerful tool among its category. It’s very easy to use and allows you to easily create online surveys, polls and web forms. SuveyGizmo is very flexible in terms of advanced features and brand control for the surveys and best known for their services.
- Features – Includes features such as NPS and Max Diff.
- Easy to Use – Very user friendly and easy to pick up.
- Cost – great value for its capabilities.
- Options – Multiple question types and reporting options.
- Report sharing – Great report sharing features via email and links.
- Excellent Customer Feedbacks
- Could improve data sharing between projects. If you have year over year data you’d like to consolidate, the process is a bit of a hassle.
- Occasionally have issues with the system running slow/opening files.
- Customers occasionally complain they cannot access the survey due to too many users connecting at one time.
If you are very serious about the collecting the detailed data and proper analysis of it, then you must consider SurveyGizmo as the first preference. Check out more at www.surveygizmo.com
2. SurveyMonkey: Easy and Flexible Survey Tool
SurveyMonkey is the easiest way to create surveys and get answers. SurveyMonkey lets you whip up a survey quickly and get targeted answers from the audience you want to ask.
- Create surveys easily with over 180 survey templates, 1,600 pre-made questions, and a drag-and-drop designer
- Image and video questions
- Audience Collector to pay for rapid survey responses
- Manually enter survey responses for offline surveys
- Create reports in PDF or PowerPoint formats to showcase data
- iOS app to collect survey data on the go
3. Zoho: Easy and Flexible Survey Tool
I liked the simplicity of the interface. While you build the survey, everything appears on one webpage. You see all the survey pages at once, so you can scroll up-and-down to see where to add a question. If (when!) you decide to move a question, you know right where it will end up. The question logic is easy to follow, too, with drop-down boxes that guide you through the path a respondent follows. For example, if question three has a drop-down for state, and the respondent is from California, you can show some California-only questions.
Zoho Survey Key Feature
- Custom iPad app
- Do it your way or go with a template
- Easy start; easy finish
- Add logic to your survey
- Preview in 3 different modes!
- Add your logo
- Customize themes
- Sign off in style
- Mobile Optimization
- Share surveys on Social Media
- Email campaigns
- Embed links are generated automatically with published surve
- Distribute surveys with QR codes
- View Responses in Real time
- More charts; better analysis
- Create custom reports
- Create filters
- Export in various formats
- Google Apps Integration
- Create unlimited surveys for Free
4. Typeform: Its Free for Unlimited Forms and Responses
Creating a survey using Typeform’s online platform is easy and quick. We were able to create our survey in less than half the time it took with most other survey software applications. The icons for adding questions are clearly marked and state exactly what they do. This service also does not limit how many questions you can ask per survey.
The whole platform is designed in a drag-and-drop format, so the software is extremely quick and easy to learn. This makes editing and rearranging questions hassle free, and it doesn’t consume massive amounts of your time. There are tools to give your survey a customized look and feel. You can even customize the buttons and icons that respondents use to rank things and give feedback.
What do you dislike?
It is not possible to import data to dropdown questions, every option should be written manually and it takes lots of time. Also the only available direction for survey pages is vertical and the horizontal option is missing.
5. GoogleDocs: Its Completely Free for Unlimited Forms
Google Forms for Survey is one of the free offerings. You can use it free to conduct the survey. It’s quite simple and straight forward to use. But you will not get those fancy looks and premium offering that other paid tools are providing. Its good for startup to conduct the survey for free.
- Ask more than one question (I think there is no limit on the maximum number that can be asked)
- Have different types of answers
- Choose a theme (ie a standard graphic / layout format for the form)
- Choose whether or not you are currently accepting survey responses (the “accepting answers” field is a toggle between accepting and not-accepting)
- Choose whether the answers are stored inside the form itself, or in a separate Google Drive Spreadsheet file – the latter lets you do analysis of the results, without affecting the form.
It’s again upto you, which tool to select for your business out of these Best Market Survey Tools. I would recommend you to try all the above five tools for free, to gain experience about it. Based on your experience decide which product is suitable for your business.
Share your thoughts and let us know your experience about the survey tools.